1/18-Scale Mini-Rock Crawler
The ready-to-run 1/18-scale Mini-Rock Crawler incorporates the key
design principles of full-scale rock crawlers into a 1/18-scale package. The truly
innovative Mini-Rock Crawler features a multi-link suspension, heavy-duty metal ring
and pinion gears, a 3-gear center transmission with a spool and slipper, a high-torque
motor and an Electronic Speed Control (ESC) that has been re-tuned specifically for rock crawling.
Take the interactive tour of the 1/18-scale Mini-Rock Crawler to learn more
about rock crawling and the ground-breaking features of the crawler. The tour includes a
detailed look at this crawler�s chassis and articulate suspension, video footage, a photo
gallery and much more.
View the tour now >>
Featured Chassis Callout
01. Twin Vertical Plate (TVP) chassis design for ultimate performance
02. Multi-link suspension with extra long oil-filled shocks front and rear to clear almost any obstacle
03. Heavy duty metal ring and pinion gears, axles and axle shafts for increased durability
04. High-torque Mini-Rock Crawler motor designed specifically for crawling
05. Alloy lower suspension links with captured ends create a solid crawling base
06. Solid axles with optimized driveshaft angles for free rotation and less drag
07. Telescoping/sliding driveshafts with metal yokes to get power to the ground no matter the suspension angle
08. 3-Gear center-mounted transmission with spool and slipper for effective power transfer to the front and rear
09. Full-time 4WD with locked differentials for even power distribution
10. Full ball bearings to maximize the power and torque
11. Mini-Rock Claw tires modeled after the National Champion 1/10th Rock Claw
12. 1.9 Beadlock-style wheels with 12mm wheel hexes and body color match inserts for style and function
13. Mini-Rock Crawler electronic FWD/REV speed controller with extra drag brake
14. Mini high-torque rock crawling servo necessary precision for crawling
15. Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM Technology based Losi Radio System for the ultimate control
16. 1100mAh NiMH battery (LOSB1202), wall charger & transmitter batteries included - completely ready to run
The multi-link suspension design allows for extreme articulation, making the
impossible climb possible. The specially-designed telescoping and sliding driveshafts
ensure that the wheels can crawl over and around any grueling rock formation, no matter
the angle of the suspension.
Crawler-tuned Motor and Speed Control
Engineered to provide the low-speed torque needed for serious rock crawling, the Losi
Mini-Rock Crawler electric motor and Mini-Rock Crawler speed control with drag brake holds
you in place but puts the power to the rocks when you need it.
A purpose-built, oversized servo provides maximum torque and precision for controlling
the Mini-Rock Crawler over any obstacle or course.
LOSI RADIO SYSTEM WITH SPEKTRUM� 2.4 GHz DSM� TECHNOLOGY
DSM technology offers numerous benefits over
-No interference or glitching, which means never
having to worry about finding an open frequency,
changing crystals or losing control of your vehicle
-Losi DSM transmitters only require 4 AA
batteries, making them lighter in weight and less
expensive to maintain.
-A shorter, fold-over antenna on the transmitter
makes travel and storage much more convenient
"Tuber" Style Body
Designed and styled like full-scale rock crawlers, the Mini-Rock Crawler's body has been
pinched and dovetailed for maximum suspension articulation without body contact, and comes
predecorated in one of three color schemes.
TVP Chassis Design
The Mini-Rock Crawler's Twin Vertical Plate chassis offers unbeatable stability and
rigidity in a durable, lightweight design. The result is confident handling over any
terrain and outstanding suspension articulation.
Crawler-Specific Tires and Wheels
By scaling down the incredibly successful Rock Claw 2.2 tire design, Losi was able to
equip the Mini-Rock Crawler with a proven tire design that can tackle virtually anything
you throw at it. Mounted to 1.9 Beadlock-style wheels based on full-size design, the
Mini-Rock Claws are ready to claw over any environment.
Specially-designed telescoping/sliding driveshafts are utilized at both ends of the
Mini-Rock Crawler, ensuring that the wheels can power around and over obstacles no matter
what angle the suspension is at. Metal yolks are used at both ends for extreme power
and torque handling.
The multi-link suspension design consists of alloy lower suspension links with captured
ends, and solid axles with optimized drive shaft angles for free rotating driveline throughout
Locked Differentials Front and Rear
The Mini-Rock Crawler is equipped with locked differentials for consistent power
distribution to all 4 wheels. The differentials feature durable metal ring and
pinion gears to stand up to the stresses of rock crawling.
3-Gear Center Transmission
The 3-gear centrally-mounted transmission provides the Mini-Rock Crawler with excellent
weight distribution and an ultra low 86:1 final drive ratio for climbing tough obstacles.
Also Available in Bind-N-Drive
What is Bind-N-Drive?
Bind-N-Drive (BND) is a transmitter-less option for RC enthusiasts who already
own a surface transmitter featuring Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM Technology. This
money-saving innovation allows you to add a Bind-N-Drive vehicle to your
collection without the extra cost or clutter of an extra transmitter.
Already own a DSM transmitter?
Mini Rock Crawler BND
If you already own a Losi RTR vehicle that included a surface DSM transmitter or
you have purchased a separate Spektrum surface DSM transmitter then you should
consider the Bind-N-Drive version of the 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler (LOSB0222BD).
The 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler BND comes fully assembled with a Losi receiver
equipped with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology pre-installed at the factory, but
does not include a transmitter. This money-saving Bind-N-Drive option allows
you to bind the surface DSM transmitter of your choice to the receiver of the
Bind-N-Drive vehicle, and then you are ready for action.