We’ll admit we absolutely love the current Short Course Truck trend. These trucks look great, they handle realistically and they’re simply a blast to drive anywhere. Losi has taken the big concept of short course trucks and shrunk it down for the 1/16-scale audience. The result is the truck you see here in the 1/16-scale Mini SCT.
While it shares some style with the Mini HIGHroller, the Mini SCT is different. It features a transverse motor, lower CG, different suspension arms and geometry and much more. We were able to visit the Losi offices recently and caught up with the Mini SCT’s lead designer Keith Whisler. Keith is as passionate about Short Course Trucks as anyone we know and it definitely comes through. Keith provides us with some cool info regarding the development and design that went onto the Mini SCT.
• Officially Licensed Sean Geiser ReadyLift SCT Body
• All-metal gear transmission
• Adjustable oil-filled, coil-over shocks
• Xcelorin 4500Kv brushless motor
• Water-resistant Xcelorin brushless ESC with cutoff (2-3S LiPo)